Scarsdale, NY, 10583
Joined on July, 2014
Any day in the afternoon
Any day in the evening
Any day in the evening
Up to 25 minutes away for no additional charge
Education● New York University, College of Arts and Science, September 2002
Bachelor of Arts: Biology, minors in chemistry & economics, GPA: 3.3
● New York University, Graduate School of Arts and Science, May 2004
Master of Science: Biology, GPA: 3.7
● Fordham University & City College of New York, Graduate School of
Education, February 2007, Advanced Certificate: Science Education, GPA: 3.7
ExperienceTeacher, Educational Administrator & Specialist, Tutor, Adjunct Instructor, NJ & NY, Dec. 2002-Present
● Developing the curriculum for grades 5 - 12 Earth science, life science, physical science, mathematics, and science elective courses, including lessons, assessments, laboratory exercises, class work, assignments, and projects. Providing guidance and tutoring in group settings, and on an individualized basis for math & science subjects, including test preparation.
● Developing the curriculum for math & science college level electives, integrating principles of science & technology, and principles of mathematics, business, & economics.
● Supervising and teaching the latter courses in order that administrators can implement the curriculum as part of the schools’ educational framework.
● Directing and managing science fairs ensuring projects were conducted in a fun and effective manner with content aligning with science standards, and contributing to developing the schools’ science curriculum.
● Registering students for NCLB programs, coordinating tutoring sessions with schools & parents, and following up with clients to ensure quality of instruction.
● Expanding educational credentials and teaching skills through participating in professional development workshops, and learning entrepreneurial applications of business in the education sector.
● Teaching and instruction in yoga, breath work, posture, nutrition, health, consciousness, personal development, study skills, life skills, and human potential.
HobbiesPracticing yoga (vinyasa & bikram), reading, exploring parks, nature excursions, gym.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.